Monday, November 24, 2008

Facing the Giants

God works in mysterious ways, we all know that, but do we truly believe that. As you have read my struggles and concerns you know where I currently stand with the baby process. Of course those desires have not disappeared, I still feel them everyday, every time I get lost staring at another child, every time I see my husband play with a friends child, every time I am asked, When are yall going to have kids.. It never leaves, but with God's comfort and his hand upon me, the last 2 weeks has been far easier than the last 1 year of trying. I have felt 100% at ease and comforted with God's decision and the direction he is leading my life. As I was strolling through Movie Gallery the other day, I decided to grab this movie, titles Facing the Giants, little did I know it's meaning, and the impact it would have on my life. Facing the Giants is a outstanding, Christian Based film that entails all of life's struggles and is based on a high school football coach who is having problems with his job and family. Him and his wife have been trying to get pregnant for several years with no success, and his job is going downhill. If you have never seen this movie, I suggest you wrap up with a blanket and dedicate a night to it. It is truly one of the greatest movies I have ever seen, it may have touched me more with the synopsis, but it's great. There was one part which was very memorable to me, it was a statement said by a character in the movie, he said, "I heard of a story of two farmers praying to God for rain to come. Both prayed but only one prepared the land. Who do you think trusted God more to send the rain?" It made me think to myself, am I truly preparing my land, is my womb ready for God's rain? After watching the movie Saturday night and spending some serious time in prayer, I felt even more at peace. Michael and I also started making doing a daily devotional at night, its called night light, it's a short devotion every night before bed, about God and Marriage, and how to include love in the mist of everything else life throws at us. I am excited to see what our future hold's by taking the extra 5 minutes at night to spend time together in god's word with each other. With all of the exciting things going on in life right now, I got a unexpected call tonight from my Daddy. OUt on his weekly visitation he came across a couple who has journeyed down the road that I am currently on as far as infertility goes, after speaking with them, and praying for them, and even leading her husband to the lord, she said she has left over follistim, which I CAN HAVE. Do you realize what this mean, depending on how much she has, I can proceed with my ovulation induction for hardly nothing. What a blessing, I will keep you updated once I find out exactly what how much of what she has. Anyways, remember when you are facing your own giants that God does listen, give him your struggles and he will solve them for you. We spend so much time and despair trying to fix things alone, when we have God to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brittany, that is so great to hear, that she has extra that you can have. I hope it all works out for you. I've been thinking about you and ya'lls situation and praying that everything works out for ya'll. Love you, Katherine.