Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The sweetest sound...

Well, today was in fact one of the most anticipated, nerve wrecking days of my life.. =) I am normally not the anxious type of person but today was a different story.. As most of you know, i have been patiently waiting for the arrival of my best friend Jaime's child over the last few months... Well today was the scheduled c section date. Let me go back and start with the eve of Zane's arrival.

Tuesday November 18, 2008

After work, I went by Winn Dixie to gather a few items, so I could then go home and prepare a spectacular dinner for Dean and Jaime. I wanted to be a good friend, and try to ease a little more stress off of Jaime's shoulders. I just knew that if I was going in to have a child, i would probably not feel like cooking dinner the night before. I made a few of Jaime and Dean's favorites, our meal consisted of homemade chicken and dumplings, chicken and rice, mac and cheese, cheese cake topped with delicious cherries. Man was is good.. After dinner, I painted Jaime's nails, so her hands would look perfect in pictures with little man, and then was sat around and relaxed while watching some TV. Just passing time with good friends.

Wednesday November 19, 2008

Beep, Beep, Beep, is what I woke up to at 3:15 this morning, it was time to get up.. As much as my body didn't agree with that theory I still sluggishly jumped out of bed and hit the shower. What a cold awakening, =). After I got out of the shower Jaime called to check and see if I was up, and assured me once again, that today was the day.. (she has been on the countdown) I got ready, and we headed out, arriving @ st. Vincents hospital at 5 am, we headed to the 4Th floor. When Jaime, Dean and I arrived they made me aware that I would have to wait in the waiting room until further notified, what a bummer. So that is where is sat for the next 55 minutes until Candy and her grandmother arrived. After we sat their patiently with grumbling bellies, we decide to go grab a bite from the hospital cafe. When we got back to the waiting room Mr. Townsend (Jaime's Daddy) was walking out from seeing the happy couple. She had her iv's and everything done and they were taking her back to the operating room. So it was about 7:05 and every single minute until 8:09 when I seen Dean coming went as slow as they possibly could. Every time I would hear a door open, or the voice of a man, I would jump up, camera in hand saying there he is. I just couldn't wait, for once the anticipation was getting to me. So around 8, I just couldn't take it anymore, so i hopped up and ran to the door that dean would be exiting with Baby Zane in hand, and peeked through small cracks of the paper covered window hoping to catch a glance of what I had been waiting the last 9 months for. No Dean, no Zane is all I seen, but I kept looking, and then as my eyes swelled with tears I seen him. I started jumping up and down letting everyone know he was coming, I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I had the biggest rush of over whelming joy come over me, I was sooo extremely happy for my friend. Everything she wanted, was finally here. Jaime has been blessed with a wonderful husband, but the past year hadn't been so great. Everyone needs a pick me up, and I truly believe holding that baby boy was hers. So, we all followed Dean to the nursery to watch Baby Z be checked. They checked all 10 of his little fingers, all 10 of his little toes, and went over every aspect of his adorable little body to make sure everything was just how it was supposed to be.




After standing there and taking a million and one pictures of Mr. Zane it was time for Daddy to take his new found love to meet Mommy. We were told once again to wait in the waiting room, but i just wanted to see Jaime.. So after about 15 long minutes I heard the golden ticket over the intercom, The bare family can now come in, Yay,, I was soo happy, so of course me being the emotional person I am, started crying again, and ran down the hallway as fast as i could to get to her.

When I walked in the room, my joy overwhelmed me once again, and i walked to her bed to give her a hug,, it was the sweetest thing i had seen in a long long time, A beautiful mother holding her precious little boy. The look on her face was so sweet, and she was glowing. We all visited with Jaime and Dean, and as everyone left, Dean went to take Baby Bare back to the nursery to visit with the pediatrician for all of his shots and what not. I helped Jaime get into her new room and we spent the rest of the day realizing and spending time together, it was just Me, Jamie, Dean and little man. I held baby Z for about 45 minutes while he caught up on some of his interrupted snoozing time. It was such a great day, and a memory that will last a lifetime. I will never forget that sweet little cry of his I heard for the first time. There is no sweeter sound than the sound of a new born babies cry.

He arrived to this world at 7:41 AM on November the 19, 2008 weighing 8 lbs and 1 oz measuring 20 1/2 inches long with an adorable bald hear bearing a slight amount of reddish blond peach fuzz... =)

I wish the Bare Family the best of luck, and hope to be involved in a million more of little Zane's days on this earth. Thank your for letting me be there with y'all and share that special day with you...

I love y'all..

Aunt Britt Britt =)

Video,, Compliments of the great Aunt Candy!! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet and Jaime, Dean and Little Zane are so lucky to have caring and loving person like yourself in their life.I know I have never met you but from what I have read, I can tell you are a great person...inside and out. Everyone needs someone like that in their life.