Thursday, December 18, 2008

Do we have 70 hours to spare for God??

So the past few weeks I have been completely consumed by the word of God. It's as if when I read the bible now it all makes sense. As a child I used to think how does Jesus expect for you to understand this confusion, but as an Adult I realize my words were careless and his word is immense and very reassuring. The more and more I look towards the bible for comfort, I find answers to my many questions. God really is the all mighty one. He has prepared this book, a novel that explains every single adversity we will face a humans and how to handle them. He has written a book entailing of all the countless experiences we will go through, it’s just mind boggling to me. Did you know that the bible can be read aloud in about 70 hours; a book that many Christians will never read from start to finish can be completely read in that amount of time, some spend a lifetime trying to accomplish this. I am going to start reading my bible tonight, starting on page 1, and just working my way from beginning to end. My goal is to finish it by July 2009. The bible contains 1,189 chapters, 31,101 verses, and 783,127 words. How fortunate are we to have that much knowledge left as a guide to life as we live it on this earth? My prayer today is that all of you rely and trust in Jesus as your savior, clinging to his word as your life standard.

I would like to share with you a bible verse, pertaining to prayer. If we pray for things, that we desire, and pray for them in an unselfish way, GOD will answer our prayers. You may not understand or comprehend his ways but they are always the right way no matter what. He is an all knowing God and truly knows what is best for us. It looks like my blog is turning into Brittany’s Daily Bible Verse Lesson, but it is what it is. I just blog about what I experience and feel, and God is always on my heart and mind. I just hope the verses I stumble across and share can comfort you as much as it does me.

Mark 11:24

Therefore I say unto you, what things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

L<3VE,
Brittany

merry CHRISTmas

No comments: